Authoring Guidelines for MIDI Files
Follow these guidelines to author device-independent MIDI files for Windows:
- Use the standard MIDI patch assignments and key assignments.
- Always send a program-change message to a channel to select a patch before
sending other messages to that channel. For the two percussion channels (10 and
16), select program number 0.
- Always follow a MIDI program-change message with a MIDI main-volume controller
message (controller number 7) to set the relative volume of the patch.
- Use a value of 80 (0x50) for the main-volume controller for normal listening
levels. For quieter or louder levels, you can use lower or higher values.
- Use only the following MIDI messages: note-on with velocity, note-off, program
change, pitch bend, main volume (controller 7), and damper pedal (controller
64). Internal synthesizers are required to respond to these messages and most
MIDI musical instruments respond to them as well.
- Software for developers
Software for Android Developers
- More information resources
Unix Manual Pages
- Databases for Amazon shops developers
Amazon Categories Database
Browse Nodes Database