function creates a chunk in a RIFF file that was opened by using the mmioOpen
function. The new chunk is created at the current file position. After the new
chunk is created, the current file position is the beginning of the data
portion of the new chunk.
| HMMIO hmmio,
| LPMMCKINFO lpck,
| UINT wFlags
File handle of an open RIFF file.
Address an application-defined MMCKINFO
structure containing information about the chunk to be created.
Flags identifying what type of chunk to create. The following values are
Returns MMSYSERR_NOERROR if successful or an error otherwise. Possible error
values include the following:
||Unable to determine offset of the data portion of the chunk.
||Unable to write the chunk header.
This function cannot insert a chunk into the middle of a file. If an
application attempts to create a chunk somewhere other than at the end of a file, mmioCreateChunk
overwrites existing information in the file.
structure pointed to by the lpck
parameter should be set up as follows:
- The ckid member specifies the chunk identifier. If wFlags includes MMIO_CREATERIFF or MMIO_CREATELIST, this member will be filled by mmioCreateChunk.
- The cksize member specifies the size of the data portion of the chunk, including the
form type or list type (if any). If this value is not correct when the mmioAscend function is called to mark the end of the chunk, mmioAscend corrects the chunk size.
- The fccType member specifies the form type or list type if the chunk is a "RIFF" or
"LIST" chunk. If the chunk is not a "RIFF" or "LIST" chunk, this member does not
need to be filled in.
- The dwDataOffset member does not need to be filled in. The mmioCreateChunk function fills this member with the file offset of the data portion of the
- The dwFlags member does not need to be filled in. The mmioCreateChunk function sets the MMIO_DIRTY flag in dwFlags.
- Software for developers
Software for Android Developers
- More information resources
Unix Manual Pages
- Databases for Amazon shops developers
Amazon Categories Database
Browse Nodes Database