Initiates default handling of pen input.
int DoDefaultPenInput( HWND hwnd, UINT wEventRef )
Handle to the window initiating the default processing.
An identifier of a pen event in the input stream, from which input is begun.
This identifier is the value returned from the GetMessageExtraInfo
Returns one of the following values:
||Pen collection was successfully started.
||StartPenInput has already been called for this session.
||The application aborted input.
||Illegal parameter or unspecified error.
||Invalid packet identifier.
||Press-and-hold was detected. Collection is not started.
||A pen tap was detected. Collection is not started.
DoDefaultPenInput simplifies the pen input process by including the following capabilities in a
- Starts pen input by calling StartPenInput
- Starts inking by calling StartInking
- Saves the screen background overwritten by the ink
- Collects the pen input data
- Stops inking by calling StopInking
- Stops pen input by calling StopPenInput
- Targets the pen input data to windows
- Recognizes results
- Sends the recognition results to the targets
The default processing proceeds in three phases: initialization, data
gathering, and termination. A set of submessages corresponds to each of the three
- During the initialization phase, the system sends the WM_PENEVENT sub-message
PE_SETTARGETS and potentially several PE_GETPCMINFO and PE_GETINKINGINFO
messages. After the target or the DefWindowProc function handles these messages and returns a value of PCMR_OK to indicate
success, the data-gathering phase begins.
- During the data-gathering phase, the window specified by the hwnd parameter starts to receive the core pen-input submessages PE_PENDOWN,
PE_PENUP, and PE_PENMOVE. The window should let these submessages fall through to DefWindowProc, which translates them into the higher-level messages PE_BEGINDATA and
PE_MOREDATA. These are sent to one of the windows specified in the htrgTarget members of the TARGET structures if targeting is in progress; otherwise, the messages are sent to hwnd.
- The termination phase begins when the pen input terminates. The target window
should let the core termination messages PE_TERMINATING and PE_TERMINATED fall
through to DefWindowProc. The PE_ENDDATA, PE_RESULT, and PE_ENDINPUT submessages are sent by DefWindowProc while processing PE_TERMINATED.
A return value of LRET_ABORT to any of the WM_PENEVENT submessages aborts the
entire process of default input.
- Software for developers
Software for Android Developers
- More information resources
Unix Manual Pages