Pen computers are ideal for filling out electronic forms. Forms applications
can achieve superior handwriting recognition for several reasons:
- The bedit control with its built-in guides serves perfectly in many if not all
the writing sections of a form.
- Because each writing window of an electronic form often expects input of a
certain type, the forms application can constrain recognition to that type. For
example, an application can restrict recognition to numerals for a control window
that expects a telephone number.
- Through the use of word lists such as local street names or regional cities, a
recognizer can greatly improve accuracy for certain input sections of the form.
Forms usually appear blank or nearly blank by default, so the most common
operation in a forms application is adding text. The system's automatic targeting
routes input to the proper control window without intervention by the
A writing window should appear automatically on the appropriate field if
recognized text produces questionable results. Double-tapping should display a
writing window, and the application should provide a lens (writing window) and
on-screen keyboard accelerator buttons. It should also provide insertion-point
action handles for selection.
- Software for developers
Software for Android Developers
- More information resources
Unix Manual Pages
- Databases for Amazon shops developers
Amazon Categories Database
Browse Nodes Database