How a Recognizer Works
Version information has been changed in the first paragraph.
The Pen API specifies the following functions for initializing, modifying, and
closing down the recognizer. Note that, in version 2.0 of the Pen API, the
required function ConfigRecognizer
handles all initialization and configuration tasks. The other initialization
functions are obsolete in version 2.0 and should only be included in a
recognizer if it is expected to work with older applications that work with a version
1.x recognizer (see the Microsoft Pen Windows, version 1.x documentation for
descriptions of these functions).
Note that the table following the first paragraph should refer to version 1.x
rather than 1.0.
- In the "HRCRESULT Section," note that the GetAlternateWordsHRCRESULT function is not supported.
- In the "Training" section, note the version changes in the following paragraph
and in the table it introduces.
The following table lists the functions that a recognizer with training
capabilities can export. Only TrainHREC
is used by version 2.0 Pen API. The other functions are obsolete in version
2.0 and should be included in a recognizer only if it is expected to work with
older applications that work with a version 1.x recognizer (see the Microsoft
Pen Windows, version 1.x documentation for descriptions of these functions).
- In the "Processing Raw Data" section of the "Interpreting Input" section, note
the additional .DLL in the first sentence of the second paragraph.
The Microsoft Handwriting Recognizer (GRECO.DLL or RODAN.DLL) processes only
- In the section "Segmentation of Symbols," following Figure 8.1, the final
sentence has been changed.
The Pen API places few restrictions on the recognizer. At a minimum, however,
a default recognizer that supports free (unboxed) input must be able to
recognize discrete characters because many applications do not use boxed input.
- In the "Results Messages" section of the "Returning Results" section, note the
version change in the second bulleted item.
- In the section "The RCRESULT Structure" in the "Returning Results" section,
the note should refer to version 1.x, not 1.0. Also in this section, the
"Location and Position of the Input" section, the final sentence in the first bulleted
item has been changed.
The Microsoft Handwriting Recognizer (GRECO.DLL or RODAN.DLL) sets nBaseLine
- Software for developers
Software for Android Developers
- More information resources
Unix Manual Pages
- Databases for Amazon shops developers
Amazon Categories Database
Browse Nodes Database