Provide Ample Target Space
The pen often proves an inaccurate pointing device. The well-behaved pen
application allows ample margin for pointing errors from the user, who can easily
miss a small button or other target. Consider the following suggestions to make
your pen-based application friendly to the user with poor aim:
- Create targets as large as practical.
- Space toolbar buttons so that they have gaps between them.
- Avoid crowding dialog boxes with controls placed near one another.
- Pen-down events falling within a few pixels of a button should be treated as a
press of that button. Always increase the effective size of a control by
sending the HE_SETINFLATE submessage, as described in the "HE_SETINFLATE Submessage"
section in Chapter 3, "The Writing Process."
- Compensate for the pixel sizes of different displays. Use GetDeviceCaps to determine sizes and maintain uniform dimensions for on-screen targets.
- Software for developers
Software for Android Developers
- More information resources
Unix Manual Pages
- Databases for Amazon shops developers
Amazon Categories Database
Browse Nodes Database