Line Device Messages
This section contains a list of the messages in the Telephony API. Messages
are used to notify the application of the occurrence of asynchronous events. All
of these messages are sent to the application via the message notification
mechanism the applicaiton specified in lineInitializeEx
The message always contains a handle to the relevant object (phone, line, or
call). The application can determine the type of the handle from the message
Certain messages are used to notify the application about a change in an
object's status. These messages provide the object handle and give an indication of
which status item has changed. The application can call the appropriate "get
status" function of the object to obtain the object's full status.
When an event occurs, messages may be sent to zero, one, or more applications.
The target applications for a message are determined by a number of different
factors including the meaning of the message, the application's privilege to
the object, whether or not the application initiated the request for which the
message is a direct result, and the message masking that has been set by the
application. Note the following points about messages:
- Asynchronous reply messages are only sent to the application that originated
the request and cannot be masked.
- Messages that signal the completion of digit or tone generation or the
gathering of digits are only sent to the application that requested the digit or tone
- Messages that indicate line or address state changes are sent to all
applications that have opened the line, so long as the message has been enabled via lineSetStatusMessages.
- Messages that indicate call state and call information changes are sent to all
applications that have a handle to the call.
- Messages that signal a digit detection, tone detection, or media mode
detection are sent to the application(s) that requested monitoring of that event.
- Software for developers
Software for Android Developers
- More information resources
Unix Manual Pages
- Databases for Amazon shops developers
Amazon Categories Database
Browse Nodes Database