How SNMP Works
The following steps outline how the SNMP Service responds to management system
- The network management system uses host names or IP addresses to initiate
- The request contains a Get, Get Next, or Set command involving one or more objects. The request also includes a community
name and validating information.
- The SNMP Service receives the request. It verifies the community name and the
source host name (or IP address) and selects the appropriate extension agent
DLL to retrieve the requested information.
- The extension agent DLL retrieves the requested information and passes it back
to the SNMP Service.
- The SNMP Service sends the completed request back to the SNMP manager.
- Software for developers
Software for Android Developers
- More information resources
Unix Manual Pages
- Databases for Amazon shops developers
Amazon Categories Database
Browse Nodes Database