During a connection operation, there can be times when the remote server
cannot proceed without additional information from the local user. Beginning with
Microsoft® Windows NT® version 3.5, the RasDial
function supports paused states. A paused state allows the Remote Access
Connection Manager to suspend a connection operation so the RAS client application
can collect information from the user.
Paused states are useful in the following situations:
- When the user needs to provide a callback number.
- When the user authentication fails, the user can type in a different user name
- When the user's password has expired, the user can provide a new password.
By default, paused state support is disabled. RAS clients that want to support
paused states must set the RDEOPTS_PausedStates flag in the RASDIALEXTENSIONS
structure passed as a parameter to RasDial
When a paused state occurs, the Remote Access Connection Manager invokes the
client's notification handler. If paused state support is disabled, the
notification message indicates an error, and the connection operation fails. If it is
enabled, the Connection Manager pauses the connection operation to wait for the
RAS client's response. The RAS client can resume the connection operation by a
call, or terminate it by calling the RasHangUp
After getting the user's input, the RAS client restarts the connection
operation by calling RasDial
again. This second RasDial
call must specify the following information:
- The connection handle that was returned by the original RasDial call.
- The same notification handler as the original RasDial call.
- The user's input in the appropriate members of the RASDIALPARAMS structure. Other members of the RASDIALPARAMS structure should have the same information as specified in the original RasDial call.
The second RasDial
call cannot be made from within the notification handler.
- Software for developers
Software for Android Developers
- More information resources
Unix Manual Pages
- Databases for Amazon shops developers
Amazon Categories Database
Browse Nodes Database