Registering Object ApplicationsTo become functional, object applications must register in the Microsoft® Windows® registry. The registry contains information about the application that is needed to support OLE features. This chapter discusses registering object applications and describes OLE registry entries and the subkeys under which they are entered. Your installation/setup program must add information to the registry, and its associated subkeys, if it is to perform any of the three following types of installations:
- Installing an object application.
- Installing a container/object application.
- Installing a container application that allows linking to its embedded objects.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface Note that HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT provides compatibility with Windows 3.1 and Windows 95. For information about OLE registry functions, refer to the following API functions:
- Software for developers
Software for Android Developers
- More information resources
Unix Manual Pages
- Databases for Amazon shops developers
Amazon Categories Database
Browse Nodes Database