Loads into memory an object nested within a specified storage object.
| IStorage * pStg,
||//Points to the storage object from which to load
| REFIID riid,
||//Interface to use for the object being loaded
| IOleClientSite * pClientSite,
||//Points to the client site for the object
| LPVOID * ppvObj
||//Points to the newly loaded object
Points to the storage object from which to load the specified object.
Specifies the interface that the caller wants to use when talking to the
object once it is loaded.
Points to the client site for the object being loaded.
Points to the newly loaded object.
Indicates the object was loaded successfully.
Indicates the object could not be loaded due to lack of memory.
Indicates the object does not support the specified interface.
See also the IPersistStorage::Load
method for other error return values.
OLE containers load objects into memory by calling this function. When calling
function, the container application passes in a pointer to the open storage
object in which the nested object is stored. Typically, the nested object to be
loaded is a child storage object to the container's root storage object. Using
the OLE information stored with the object, the object handler (usually, the
default handler) attempts to load the object. On completion of the OleLoad
function, the object is said to be in the loaded state with its object
application not running.
Some applications load all of the object's native data. Containers often defer
loading the contained objects until required to do so. For example, until an
object is scrolled into view and needs to be drawn, it does not need to be
function performs the following steps:
- If necessary, performs an automatic conversion of the object (see the OleDoAutoConvert function).
- Gets the CLSID from the open storage object by calling the IStorage::Stat method.
- Calls the CoCreateInstance function to create an instance of the handler. If the handler code is not
available, the default handler is used (see the OleCreateDefaultHandler function).
- Calls the IOleObject::SetClientSite method with the pClientSite parameter to inform the object of its client site.
- Calls the QueryInterface method for the IPersistStorage interface. If successful, the IPersistStorage::Load method is invoked for the object.
- Queries and returns the interface identified by the riid parameter.
- Software for developers
Software for Android Developers
- More information resources
Unix Manual Pages
- Databases for Amazon shops developers
Amazon Categories Database
Browse Nodes Database